Snap is a fun little knit that is quick and seamless. It is knitted sideways using short rows to create the A-line shape and finished off with a big snap or button (with a hidden snap underneath).
General knitting skills plus Kitchener stitch and short row shaping. The “shadow wrap” method of short-row shaping is written into the instructions but you may use a different method if you prefer.
S: 3–6 months (M: 6–12 months, L: 18 months, XL: 24 months)
- Chest: 16 (18, 20, 22)"
- Length at center back: 10 (11, 12.5, 13.5)"
- 3 (3, 4, 5) skeins Big Bad Wool “Weepaca” (50% fine washable merino / 50% baby alpaca, 95 yds/50 gram), or
- 3 (3, 4, 5) skeins Be Sweet “Bambino” (hand dyed 70% organic cotton, 30% bamboo, 50g/95 yds), or
- 250 (285, 350,450) yds any dk weight yarn that gets gauge. Keep in mind that you can tweak the garment size by using a bigger or smaller gauge to get a bigger or smaller cardigan
- US 6 circ 29" long (straight needles will also work)
- US 6 or smaller to use as st holders
Change needle size if necessary to obtain correct gauge
- Large metal or sew-on snap
- Large button to conceal snap (optional)
- Tapestry needle for Kitchener st
20 sts and 28 rows = 4" in St st.
You may access and download your purchased patterns at anytime. Just log into your Cocokints account and view your Completed Orders.
Patterns are in PDF format and are for sale as individual downloads.
More about downloading →
Loading... Please wait...