Snap is a fun little knit that is quick and seamless. It is knitted sideways using short rows to create the A-line shape and finished off with a big snap or button (with a hidden snap underneath).
General knitting skills plus Kitchener stitch and short row shaping. The “shadow wrap” method of short-row shaping is written into the instructions but you may use a different method if you prefer.
S: 3–6 months (M: 6–12 months, L: 18 months, XL: 24 months)
- Chest: 16 (18, 20, 22)"
- Length at center back: 10 (11, 12.5, 13.5)"
- 3 (3, 4, 5) skeins Big Bad Wool “Weepaca” (50% fine washable merino / 50% baby alpaca, 95 yds/50 gram), or
- 3 (3, 4, 5) skeins Be Sweet “Bambino” (hand dyed 70% organic cotton, 30% bamboo, 50g/95 yds), or
- 250 (285, 350,450) yds any dk weight yarn that gets gauge. Keep in mind that you can tweak the garment size by using a bigger or smaller gauge to get a bigger or smaller cardigan
- US 6 circ 29" long (straight needles will also work)
- US 6 or smaller to use as st holders
Change needle size if necessary to obtain correct gauge
- Large metal or sew-on snap
- Large button to conceal snap (optional)
- Tapestry needle for Kitchener st
20 sts and 28 rows = 4" in St st.
Loading... Please wait...